Green smoothies are super easy to make, provide energy and health benefits, and are great for natural weight loss. My favorite benefit is that it is anti-aging and nutrient dense. You will learn top 10 tips to making healthy green smoothies.
I use my Vitamix Blender to make a smoothie every morning that I can sip through breakfast and throughout the day
Green smoothies keeps my energy level up and my hunger at bay. I enjoy a generous healthy smoothie in the morning, then I have a great lunch of my choice, sip on some more of the smoothie between lunch and dinner and have a modest dinner.
You will naturally come to your ideal weight by doing this. We have to stop this epidemic of going on diet pills and yo-yo dieting. Unless there are medical reasons (like hypothyroidism issues which slows down your metabolism), there is no reason that you will not lose weight if you follow simple healthy living rules.
But I digress… back to green smoothie recipes.
Here are 10 tips to get you going on your green smoothie journey:
1. Use one or two fresh or frozen fruits as natural sweeteners. Bananas, sweet ripe mangoes, pineapple, kiwi, pear, berries. The choices are endless.
2. Cucumbers, honey dew, watermelon are great as a base for extra water content.
3. Adding half a carrot or half of a celery stick one way of sneaking in some extra veggies. Again experiment with other veggies.
4. Add ice and/or water to make your smoothie to the consistency you like. I like thinner consistency so I can easily sip with a straw.
5. Choose a leafy green such as spinach or kale, or parsley and cilantro. Herbs have great detoxifying properties so don’t forget those. Rotate your greens and try different ones. Add about one cupful of a leafy green of your choice or start with a smaller quantity if you are new to making smoothies.
6. You can add juices to sweeten them more such as cranberry, orange, and pineapple. Please make sure you don’t add too much, as you get a natural sweetness from the fruits you are adding in.
7. Adding a tablespoon of hemp powder is an awesome way to get some extra natural protein. Hemp seeds/powder is a complete protein, has Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs), high in fiber and rich in minerals like iron and magnesium.
8. Please try to buy organic whenever possible. That’s less chemicals, pesticides, and herbicides in your smoothie.
9. I suggest you do invest in a great blender. And I am extremely biased with my Vitamix. It is a powerful blender that most smoothie enthusiasts and raw foodists use for their creations. It is pricy but once you own one, you will never look at another blender. And it will pay for itself many times over.
10. Have fun creating your combinations. Use left over veggies and whatever fruit you have on hand and get creative.
Here are 2 recipe samples for you. Enjoy! Please go to my site for additional green smoothie recipes and other healthiest foods recipes.
Green Smoothie Recipe #1
2 cups honey dew 2 cups, 1 cup spinach, 1 cucumber, 1 tablespoon hemp powder, add some ice or a little water. Blend it in your Vitamix
Honeydew is a great water base and natural sweetener and an excellent source of Vitamin C and Foliate. It is a great base to add to a green smoothie. The honeydew and cucumber together has an incredible refreshing taste.
Green Smoothie Recipe # 2
cranberry or orange juice, 1 orange, 1 banana, 1/2 cup of kale, 1/2 sprig of celery, 1/2 carrot, 4-6 pieces of Ice
Please leave a comment or feedback about this or share your green smoothie recipe experience. I love to hear from my readers.
Jaya Patel has a passion for holistic health and writes about super healthy recipes, natural cures, remedies, non-toxic products, and alternative therapies. For videos and articles, and to get her free smoothie recipe guide, visit her blog at [http://healthylivingbyjaya.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Jaya_Patel/1262278